How to Apply - Undergraduate
Follow these steps to apply:
1. Complete the online application.
Apply online using our online application portal. You'll need to create a login and password.
2. Schedule a Portfolio Review.
The majority of KCAD programs require a portfolio review (except for those entering
Art History with an Academic Focus).
3. Submit Your Official Transcripts.
If this is your first time at a college:
- Ask your high school to send your official transcripts to KCAD
- You’ll need to have at least a 2.5 GPA or a GED
- Students with a lower GPA are still encouraged to apply
- Life Sciences and Pre-Medical Illustration students need a 3.20 GPA or better
- If you’ve taken Dual Enrollment classes send those transcripts as well
If you’ve previously attended a college:
- Ask your college send your official transcripts to KCAD
- Ask your high school send your official transcripts to KCAD (unless you’ve completed an Associates degree or higher).
4. Have your ACT or SAT results sent to us.
*Note that test scores will NOT be required for admissions consideration for applicants. However, some Woodbridge N Ferris Scholarship levels may require test scores be submitted to be awarded at certain levels.
- Have the ACT or SAT send your test scores to KCAD (unless they’re already on your
high school transcripts).
- You’ll need to have an ACT Composite score of 17 or an SAT Combined Score of 900
- Life Sciences and Pre-Medical Illustration students need an ACT of 22 or an SAT critical reading score of 530 and a math score of 510.
When taking the test you can use the Ferris/Kendall college code to send your scores to us (1983 for the ACT and 1376 for the SAT).
Under this program, you may opt to be considered for admission without test scores.
KCAD recognizes that research often suggests that standardized testing provides an incomplete picture of some students' ability to succeed in college.
If you've already submitted your application and would like to be in the Test-Optional
Admission Consideration Program, please email us at [email protected] to discuss the option.
Submit your application materials to:
Self-Reporting Transcripts and/or Test Scores – If you are unable to request your official transcripts or test scores in a timely manner, we encourage you to self-report or submit unofficial transcripts. If you are admitted and decide to enroll at KCAD you will still need to have official documents sent at a later date. Self-reporting will prevent your admissions decision from being held up by the current situation. Reach out to us if you have questions about self-reporting.
Required laptop specifications, software packages, and other peripherals will vary by program and will be significantly discounted.
Email: [email protected]
Admissions Office Hours: