This essay should be a sincere reflection of what you think and believe. Speak about your own life experiences. Use language that is familiar to you, language you use on a daily basis. We are impressed by sincerity and honesty, not flashy buzzwords.design
Respond to the following questions, in order.
- Passion/Curiosity: Describe the things that you are most passionate about doing or curious about exploring further. If possible, try to give specific examples.
- Knowledge in a Field/Creativity: Describe any specific interests you have and how you have developed knowledge in these areas. Give examples of your creativity-your ability to see alternatives; take diverse perspectives; come up with many, varied or original ideas; and your willingness to try new things.
- Impact of Art & Design/Personally/Community: Explain how art and design is an integral part of your personal, daily life and how you see art and design making your community a better place to live. Give examples of any specific projects in which you have taken part.
- Leadership/Group Contributions: Describe examples of your leadership experience in which you significantly influenced others, helped resolve disputes or contributed to group efforts.
- Dealing with Adversity: Talk about the most significant challenge you have faced and the steps you have taken to address this challenge. Include whether you turned to anyone in facing the challenge, the role the person played, and what you learned about yourself.
- Goals/Task Commitment/Worldview: Articulate the goals you have established for yourself and your efforts to accomplish these. Give at least one example that demonstrates your diligence or work ethic. Reflect on contributions that you feel art and design can make to positively impact needs that are relevant to your personal worldview.
You may email your Statement of Purpose to: [email protected] (send as a PDF attachment) or send it in the mail to the attention of the KCAD Admissions Office. This document must include your full legal name and date of birth in the header of the document.