Over The Top SEO
SEO Experts

Transfer Students

Become a KCAD student.

Lots of students come to KCAD from other colleges or after years of work or life experience. Some have extensive art backgrounds, others are returning to the classroom following other pursuits and are just considering a career in art and design. KCAD has a high number of transfer students, and we value the balance that their experience and wisdom brings to our campus.

How to Apply

As a transfer student, you apply using the same simple six-step application process as any incoming Kendall freshmen. Once we have your documents in hand, we'll review your transcripts to evaluate course equivalencies and determine the transferable credits.

Financial Aid

Unfortunately, financial aid doesn't transfer from one school to another. You will need to apply for financial aid through Kendall. Please release a copy of your FAFSA by adding our federal school code number, 002260, to your processed FAFSA form. Be sure to notify the financial aid office at your former school about your transfer so that they can cancel your aid.

Transfer Credits

Our general transfer policy:

  1. Only grades of "C" or higher are accepted ("C-" is not accepted).
  2. A 30 credit hour residency is required of all B.F.A. and B.S. candidates, normally the last 30 credits.
  3. All students must earn at least half of their major core credits at Kendall College of Art and Design.

Transfer Equivalency Tool

Use this Admissions tool to search for courses that Kendall may accept as equivalents, including AP and CLEP course credits available.