Location and Environmental Factors
- Grand Rapids is located midway between two major metropolitan areas
- Close proximity to lakeshore and winter sporting arenas
- Grand Rapids is entrepreneurial and steeped in a design background
Collaborative vs. Competitive Nature
- Students work together under the Gestalt principal of "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts"
- Dedicated faculty use accessible, supportive approach
- Faculty are professionals in their fields
Unique smaller school
- Students do not feel like they are just a number
- Active student body
- 25+ student-run clubs and organizations
Focus on Structure
- Emphasis on traditional foundation and classical style with real-world application.
- Strong regional, national, and global networking