Any new undergraduate student may apply, including students beginning in Spring or Summer 2021.
Scholarship application requirements:
- Submit 5 pieces of visual based creative work that share a single theme, concept, or process.
- Submit an artist statement of 3-5 sentences that describe your 5 pieces as a whole.
Use these questions to develop your statement:
- What concepts or themes are you exploring?
- What process are you using and what interests you about that process?
- Where do your ideas come from?
- What do you want people to take away from looking at your work?
Student must have a completed admissions application to apply. There is no minimum grade point average required to enter this scholarship competition. Submissions are due January 31st. Students will be notified of the outcome via email and formal letter. A public announcement will be made after all students have been notified. By submitting your work to the Award of Excellence Scholarship you are giving KCAD permission to use your images in the public announcement on kcad.edu and via KCAD social media outlets.
Apply for this scholarship electronically through January 31, 2021
via this KCAD SlideRoom link.
*** If awarded, the scholarship will begin Fall 2021. Awards are disbursed based on full-time enrollment at KCAD (12 or more credit hours per semester) and students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 for renewal consideration and funding availability.