Nicolas V. Sanchez began his studies as a student at Lansing Community College prior to attending Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University (KCAD). Sanchez graduated from KCAD in 2010 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Painting. He later went on to and received his Master of Fine Arts degree from the New York Academy of Art. While at the Academy, Sanchez was awarded the 2014 New York Academy of Art Post-Graduate Fellowship. He has been selected for artist residencies in China, Dominican Republic, and Venice and has been featured in VOGUE Italia, Vanity Fair, New York Magazine, Drawing Magazine, and Fine Art Connoisseur. Sanchez has been in solo and group exhibitions in New York, China, and Italy including an exhibition in Venice during the 2015 Venice Biennale. Sanchez currently lives and works in New York City.
Sanchez recognizes the importance of donor supported scholarships for students pursuing a fine arts degree. Through this scholarship he hopes to provide a student with the additional support needed to help them focus on their learning and fully engage in their studies.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a degree seeking undergraduate student in KCAD’s Painting, Drawing, Printmaking, Illustration or Sculpture and Functional Art program at the time of application.
- Applicants must be a sophomore, junior, or senior level student at the time of awarding.
- Applicants must be in good standing with the college at the time of application.
- Preference shall be given to applicants of Latino heritage.
- Financial need is not a consideration.
To apply, please go to the KCAD Slideroom website.