Over The Top SEO
SEO Experts

How to Apply - International Students

International students should apply six months in advance.

  1. Complete the Online Application

    Click here to apply. You'll need to create a login and password.

  2. Submit an Application Fee.

    A $30.00 (non-refundable) application processing fee, payable through the online application or by check/cheque made payable to Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University. Checks drawn on foreign banks must carry the notation: “Payable in United States funds plus service charges.” This application fee is required to issue the I-20 and acceptance letter.
  3. Submit Official Transcripts.

    Your official high school and/or university transcripts (a list of the courses you have taken and the grades you received) both in the original language and in English. Translation of transcripts should be conducted by a certified translation service. Send only university transcripts if you are a university transfer student.
  4. Write a Statement of Purpose.

    Copy and paste the questions into a new document and write a 1-2 paragraph response for each one.

  5. Submit Your Portfolio

    If you're applying for Fall 2020 and beyond:

    The majority of KCAD programs require a portfolio review (except for those entering Art History with an Academic Focus). Visit Portfolio Review for details.

    If you're applying for Summer 2020:

    The majority of KCAD programs require a portfolio review (except for those entering Art History with an Academic Focus, Furniture Design, Collaborative Design and Interior Design). Visit Portfolio Review for details. If you are applying to either Collaborative Design or Interior Design, you'll submit an Observation Exercise.

  6. Submit Proof of Adequate Financial Resources.

    A letter or statement from a bank on official letterhead documenting your source of support for at least one year of study, or a personal sponsor letter stating your sponsor's responsibility for supporting you.
  7. Submit Proof of English Proficiency.

    All international students must establish English language proficiency to enter an academic program. You can request that an official score report be delivered directly from the testing organization to KCAD. The list of accepted tests and scores with our English proficiency policies can be found below.

    TOEFL Score of 61 or better on Internet based test (79 for Graduate Level)
    IELTS score of 5.5 or better (6.5 for Graduate Level)
    SAT (verbal section) score of 450 or better
    ACT (reading section) score of 18 or better
    ELS completion of level 112 with C or better (for undergraduate admissions)

    Please access the TOEFL website at www.ets.org/toefl to find out how you can register for the exam as well as find out where the exam is offered in your country. Online registration is available; the institutional code to use it is 1376. By accessing this website, you can also take a practice test by clicking on the "Learners and Test Takers" link.

Upon your successful application, we will send you a letter of acceptance and I-20 or DS-2019. Take your I-20 or DS-2019, along with the financial statement from your bank, to the nearest U.S. consulate or embassy to apply for an F-1 or J-1 student Visa.

More information

For more information about applying from abroad contact our .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).