COVID-19: Facilities Access Information
KCAD has redesigned the layout of our campus spaces and classrooms to follow social distancing requirements.
How will campus look, feel, and work differently?
- Seats will be 7 feet apart.
- There will be a 7-foot divide between the instructor and students.
- Stairwells have been designated as up or down.
- Elevator capacities have been reduced to two people at a time.
- If you are physically able, you are encouraged to take the stairs and follow directional signage.
- Social distancing guidance and directional reminders will be found throughout campus to help support social distancing best practices.
- Please note that spaces that have not been reconfigured to support social distancing will remain closed during the spring semester.
- Refer to the Building Hours page for complete details on the specific days/times campus will be open or closed
- Registered Student Organizations should coordinate with their faculty advisor for
any space reservation needs.
How do I access labs, studios, and workshops?
Students should have or will receive information from program faculty about how to access program-specific studio spaces or resource rooms this spring. Signage will also be posted outside of these spaces explaining access procedures and capacities. Questions about access should be directed to your program faculty or Chair.
- The Wood Shop will post open hours and access will be first-come, first-serve, and limited by the capacity of Wood Shop spaces.
- The Baker Furniture Study Collection will be open by appointment only outside of designated class time. To schedule an appointment please email Gayle DeBruyn.
- Information on hours and access policies for the Library and Dow Center Flex Lab are available on their respective webpages.
- The Material ConneXion Resource Center, which has been closed during the pandemic, will reopen in room 104 of the 17 Fountain
St. NW building in early spring 2021. Students may access the Material ConneXion Online Library for free.