The Writing Center is available in-person in the KCAD Library!
During the spring 2023 semester, the KCAD Writing Center will be available for in-person
appointments in the KCAD Library. Please stop by to get some supportive advice and
feedback from our tutors.
Fall 2022 Hours
- Mondays: 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Tuesdays: 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM
- Wednesdays: 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Thursdays: 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM
About the Writing Center
The Writing Center helps writers of all levels, at any stage of the writing process.
We give writers the tools and strategies they need to become better writers, not just
to “fix” one piece. In other words, we help the writer, not just the writing. Our
goal is to give students and faculty the resources they need to write successfully.
Why visit the Writing Center?
- Have a writing assignment and need help getting started
- Need help finding good research sources
- Aren’t sure about your thesis
- Just need a good person with whom to discuss your project
- Have a draft written and need help with organization or editing
The Writing Center's peer tutors can help:
- Brainstorm ideas for an assignment
- Organize your ideas
- Revise your essay’s focus
- Make your essay more appropriate for its audience and purpose
- Edit and polish your draft
- Find good secondary research materials
- Use document sources appropriately
- Understand the conventions of MLA style
Frequently Asked Questions
Who works at the Writing Center?
We have a number of friendly KCAD students available as peer tutors. All peer tutors
undergo routine training sessions to help them hone their skills and provide you with
the best help possible.
Where is the Writing Center?
The Writing Center is located in the KCAD Library (17 Fountain St. NW building - 2nd Floor, Room 203A).
Do I need an appointment?
No! Walk in to the KCAD Library any time during our hours and look for one of our
tutors and a sign that says "Writing Center." Or, you can always ask at the desk.
What happens during a session?
Your peer tutor will look over your document with you and help note patterns and make
suggestions for revision, support you with brainstorming, and provide some next steps
to work towards your writing goals.
I don't have a draft. Can I still seek help from the Writing Center?
Absolutely! Our tutors are happy to talk through brainstorming and outlining with
you. Just come find us during our hours.
Will the peer tutor proofread my work for me?
Peer tutors won’t proofread for you, but they will help you spot errors and learn
how to correct them on your own.
Questions? Let us help!
The Writing Center is located in the:
17 Fountain St. NW building
KCAD Library (2nd Floor, Room 203A)
Send an email