Graduates of the December 2019, May 2020, and August 2020 semesters are eligible to participate in this ceremony. A reception will be held at the Forest Hills Fine Arts Center immediately following the ceremony. 2020 info booklet coming soon!
In order to receive your diploma, the following requirements must be met:
- Submission of an Application for Degree.
- Successful completion of all required courses.
- No outstanding tuition, fines, unreturned books, etc.
- If applicable, Direct Loan Exit Counseling and Perkins Loan Paperwork must be completed. DO NOT DISREGARD information you receive from the main campus regarding this information.
- Submission of a high resolution digital image (jpg) or 5 sec. H264 video under 25megabytes, for those receiving BFA and MFA degrees.
Graduation Checklist for 2020 CommencementSeptember 30, 2019
- Application for Degree form for students completing their program requirements in December 2019 are due to the Office of the Registrar.
- Application for Degree form for students completing their program requirements in May 2020 and August 2020 are due to the Office of the Registrar.
- Cap and gown order forms available online and in Student Services
Students not participating in KCAD’s Commencement ceremony must notify the
Office of the Registrar in writing by this date.
- Deadline to submit digital images to their Program Chair December graduates submit digital image to Program Chair by December 6, 2019.
- Cap and Gown order forms are due to the Office of the Registrar, with payment Orders submitted after this date will require students to pay for expedited shipping.
- Meet with Program Chair and fellow graduating seniors to beginning planning for the student exhibition
- Check ferris.edu email for additional information on Commencement tickets lottery
- Visit the Student Services desk to do the following:
- Pick-up Commencement announcements and four (4) tickets
- Fill out alumni update card
- Reserve your spot on the bus for transportation to and from Commencement rehearsal at the Forest Hills Fine Arts Center
- Request accessible seating accommodations for your guests(s) for Commencement
- Pick-up caps, gowns, tassels, cords and master level hoods from Student Services
- Install Annual Student Exhibition in program area
- Attend the Annual Student Exhibition opening reception from 4:00 – 7:00 pm.
- Attend Commencement rehearsal at the Forest Hills Fine Arts Center, time TBA.
- Bus departs from KCAD, (you must reserve your seat in advance).
- Attend Commencement ceremony at the Forest Hills Fine Arts Center from 10:00 am – 12:30 pm.
- Annual Student Exhibition closes at 4:00 pm.
- Uninstall all artwork from program exhibition areas and clean up areas by 4:00 pm.
You will receive Commencement announcements, and four Commencement tickets (for general admission) to the Commencement Ceremony. available in mid-April, free of charge, which can be picked up in the Student Services Office.
Cap/Gown and Honor Cords
You will need to order your cap and gown for the ceremony from Oak Hall. DISREGARD any information regarding cap/gown and announcements from the main campus at Ferris in Big Rapids.
Honor cords, if applicable, can be picked up with your cap and gown. Honor cords are given to graduates with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.