Update Your Emergency Information
Emergency Text Alerts
KCAD offers voluntary enrollment in a system that provides official emergency text alerts to students, faculty, staff, and parents/friends/family of students. By opting in to this service, you will be the first to know about time-sensitive campus safety issues and campus closings due to inclement weather or other disruptions.
- Once signed up, you will receive Ferris emergency notifications from one of the following two numbers: 67283 or 226787. You may wish to create a mobile device contact for each of these two numbers to help you recognize them.
- Users can opt-out at any time.
- Message and data rates may apply.
- If you do not have a cell phone or the ability to receive text messages on your cell phone, you can find emergency information on the KCAD website, in your ferris.edu email account, and on KCAD social media channels.
- Please see our list of frequently asked questions for more information.
Enrollment for Student/Faculty/Staff
Enroll using the submission form below.
Enrollment for Parents/Family/Friends of a Student
- Text KCADAlerts to the number 67283 on the cell phone you wish to register with the system.
- The system will respond back with a confirmation message.
- Opt out of all messages by texting STOP to the number 67283 (this stops all text messages from being sent to the cell number).
Emergency Contact Information
KCAD students - providing updated emergency contact information using the submission form below will allow the university to contact someone on your behalf when an emergency arises. You may provide contact information for up to three (3) individuals.