Are you a teacher or organization leader interested in scheduling a tour for a group of students?
Group tours are reserved for groups with 10 or more members. Our group tour program is designed to meet the needs of prospective college students in high school or groups with members this age or older with special consideration granted for groups that are a part of the Believe 2 Become program. Group tours are not intended for general school field trip purposes. Group tours are available on most weekdays. Please read the information below and complete the group visit request at the bottom of this page.
In the unlikely event that KCAD is closed due to weather or unforeseen circumstances, tours will also be cancelled. Closings are announced on local TV stations and on the KCAD website.
A walking tour lead by a KCAD tour guide (either student or staff). The KCAD tour guide will discuss information about the admissions process, KCAD programs, and scholarship opportunities while leading the group through our facilities.
Group tour requests must be received at least 4 weeks in advance to allow the Admissions Office adequate time to prepare for your visit. Group tour requests must be submitted via the Group Tour Request Form found at the bottom of this page. Requests made by phone or email will be referred back to the Group Tour Request Form on this page.
Before submitting a Group Visit Request form, please carefully read the following list of expectations and conditions:
- All groups must be accompanied by at least one adult chaperone for every 10 students. Group visits are limited to a maximum of 25 members, including chaperones. (In some cases we may be able to accommodate groups up to 50.)
- Group tours are available on most weekdays between the hours of 9:00am -5:00pm.
- Group tours are subject to the availability of meeting space, Admissions Office staff, and tour guides.
- Groups will arrive on time. Our staff schedules time specifically for each group. If a group arrives late, the visit will be cancelled unless communication is made in advance and a different schedule is arranged.
- Group members should be attentive, respectful of staff and student tour guides, and be active participants.
- Group chaperones, not KCAD staff or student tour guides, are responsible for the behavior of their students while visiting. Admissions Office staff members and student tour guides have the authority to end a group visit due to inappropriate behavior.
- Use of electronics (cell phones, iPods, etc.) is not permitted during a group visit, including the presentation and campus tour.
- Individuals with disabilities who require special accommodations to participate should indicate so on the Group Visit Request Form or should contact the Admissions Office at 616.259.1148 at least 72 hours in advance of the visit.
- Due to the increased demand for group tours, the Admissions Office may not be able to accommodate every request.
- By submitting a Group Visit Request Form, you confirm that you understand and agree
to meet the expectations and conditions above.
To submit a Group Visit Request Form, click the link below and complete the request form. Your request is not guaranteed or confirmed until you receive an official email confirmation from the Admissions Office.