Master of Architecture
WHY GRAND RAPIDS?
Our place is our great differentiator.
Video courtesy of Downtown Grand Rapids Inc.
Grand Rapids is:
- Home to the world's first LEED-certified manufacturing plant, the world's first LEED-certified Habitat for Humanity home, the world's first LEED-certified residence, the world's first LEED-certified church, and the world's first LEED-certified health care project, among many other LEED firsts.
- The first city in America and third in the world to be designated by the United Nations University as a Regional Center for Expertise on Education for Sustainable Development.
- The most sustainable mid-size city in America, according to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Civic Leadership Center.
- The recipient of a multitude of other recognitions and achievements with regard to sustainable practices.
- Home to ArtPrize, a radically open, independently organized international art competition that transforms three square miles of downtown into an open playing field where anyone can find a voice in the conversation about what art is and why it matters.
- Home to Steelcase, Herman Miller, Haworth, and numerous other furniture manufacturers which carry on the region's rich tradition of furniture design.
- Beer City USA! For the past two years, Grand Rapids has been voted Beer City USA and developed a reputation as a hotbed of exceptional craft breweries, including Founders Brewing Company, Grand Rapids Brewing Company, and The Mitten Brewing Company, among many others.
- Home to a highly-energized creative culture, a bustling entertainment district, and a vibrant nightlife. Find more info at experiencegr.com.
- 45 minutes away from one of the largest bodies of fresh water in the world, Lake Michigan.
- Ranked second on the World Class Communities list among cities of similar size by Industry Week Magazine.
- Ranked Number one for best overall business climate by Anderson Economic Group.
- One of Fortune Magazine s Top 10 Best Cities for Business.