Master of Architecture
A 14” MacBook Pro or comparable Windows-based laptop computer is required. Please verify that your computer can adequately run the software listed below. If you are purchasing a MacBook Pro, we recommend that you do so through the KCAD Apple Store.
Recommended hardware specifications for a Windows-based laptop:
- Single- or Multi-Core Intel, Xeon, or i-Series processor or AMD equivalent with SSE2
- 16 GB RAM
- DirectX 11 capable graphics card with Shader Model 5 and a minimum of 4GB of video memory
- 500 GB SSD Hard Drive
We also recommend that students purchase the following hardware accessories:
- 22" - 27" external monitor
- 1-2 Terabyte external hard drive for data backups
- Adapter to connect to HDMI projectors
- Surge protector
- Security locks for laptop and monitor
Following is a basic list. Students with specialized interests, such as video editing or urban/GIS/mapping may require additional software. KCAD has seats for Keyshot rendering and animation software.
- Adobe Creative Suite - Design Standard CS6 or Creative Cloud subscription. See Creative Cloud student prices for more information.
- AutoDesk Applications (AutoCAD, Revit), available for free to students.
- Paralells (for 14” MacBook Pro users, to enable the use of Revit)
- Rhino (with Grasshopper plugin)
- Microsoft Office